Kitchen Design Development
New Client Consultation Process:
- Schedule Introductory Meeting: Approximately three hours in length, this meeting accomplishes the following:
A) Discuss the client’s requirements and requests related to lifestyle, ergonomics, aesthetics and budget. This encompasses:
(i) Kitchens: Shopping choices, entertaining style, appliance and plumbing preferences, physical considerations of cook(s),desired atmosphere (warm, casual, classic, clean, smart, dramatic) etc.
(ii) Bathrooms: Shower and/or tub choices, number of people using the space, lighting, floor and wall materials, venting, desired atmosphere (relaxing, romantic, elegant, sleek) etc.
B) Site measure or review of new home plans.
C) Conceptual design. Appliance and plumbing placement, as well as work spaces, storage areas and arteries. See the example image below:
2. Working Drawings: Detailed plan and elevations ready for cabinet production.
Click on image to enlarge
3. Construction Drawings:Drawings that indicate any changes or additions to wall placements, doors, windows or bulkheads.
4. Mechanical Drawings: Drawings that denote new or altered locations of plumbing, heating and venting fixtures.
5. Electrical Drawings: Drawings that denote new or altered placement of lighting fixtures and appliances.
Verne can work with you on these projects as well:
- Planning Office Spaces, Media Centres and Laundry Rooms
The designer requires furniture pieces and equipment dimensions to proceed with plan and elevation drawings.
- Designing General Spaces (Space Planning)
This is the term used to alter existing spaces by adding, deleting or moving walls, doors, windows or staircases to develop new or better uses of existing spaces. Again, it is necessary to provide dimensions of furniture pieces and equipment to be included.